Monday, April 5, 2010
Did the punishment fit the crime?
So I know I have already written about my dogs, but I just have to share what happened when we left them all day on Easter. We were gone quite a long time, probably the longest they have ever been left alone. I have to say, they were really good - nothing was destroyed when we got home. BUT, since they were cooped up all day the rest of the night was the true punishment for leaving. All night - and I mean ALL night - they fought and barked and wanted to go outside. Finally at about 4 this morning they went to sleep and so did I. They slept for about an hour and proceeded to wake me back up and start all over again...Then, as a final part of the punishment, Fred (the roly poly basset beagle) thought it would be a great idea to ferret himself under the deck and get stuck way in the back next to the house...I was pretty sure that I was going to have to cut all the lattice work and crawl under there to try to get him out...After about a half an hour of him crying, me calling frantically to Matt at work to see what we should do, and then going into the outbuilding to get the saw, Fred popped out from under the deck none worse for the wear...hopefully, this concludes the punishment phase, I am too tired to take much more...I guess that will teach us to leave all day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment