

I am just sitting here watching my two crazy dogs. They are so funny sometimes! I love watching them play together. Barney is an Aussie/Collie mix and we have had him since he was 6 weeks old. He was, by far, the worst puppy on the face of the planet - he was an absolute hellion. He's over a year old now and is such a sweet dog, and a mama's boy, but he really tested my patience!! Fred is a beagle/basset mix and we just rescued him from the local animal shelter. We think he's about a year old too. He's a great dog. He totally changed my mind about getting an older dog. I always thought getting a puppy and training it from there would be easier. But I was wrong. He was housebroken and knew all of his commands. Barney & Fred have made our living room look like a dog toy box. We put the toys away, they bring them back out one by one...sometimes it's just easier to let them have them out. They are great fun to have around...although our cat, Willow, might disagree...
I agree about the older dog. A long time ago, we rescued a lab that was about 4 years old and he was a joy.
ReplyDelete