I have come to the conclusion that some people just take themselves way too seriously. Sometimes, you just have to let loose and go with the flow. I think that makes life so much easier to deal with. Not everything that happens is a disaster. Do bad things happen? Well of course they do, but if you make a dramatic episode out of the little things that happen in life, there is no way that you can deal with the big stuff.
I heard a great statement yesterday at the stables that may put things into perspective: "Don't pace in your stall worried about something that isn't happening."
(One of the horses was anxious because we moved his friend and he paced and paced; one of the other volunteers decided to use it as a learning experience for the rest of us)...
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have wanted to buy the book Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.
ReplyDeleteWhen something traumatic happens, you really see how trivial the things that you have been agonizing really are.
Thanks for the reminder.